BENEFITS OF AVOCADO MANGO SALAD
Avocados are well-known for their numerous health benefits. This fruit is one of a kind, delivering mild, mellow flavor and beautiful, creamy texture. It’s also high in fiber, which aids in digestion and weight loss, and stabilizes blood sugar. It’s bursting with potassium, vitamins C and K, and folate, which are essential nutrients that can be difficult to fit into our diets! And while you may know that avocados contain fat, the type of fat they contain is oleic acid, which is heart healthy, an anti-inflammatory, and a cancer-fighter.
And mangoes are no slouch on the nutrition front, either! Rich in vitamin A, which is excellent for skin and eye health, vitamin C, a well-known immune booster, and antioxidants which fight cancer and heart disease, this fruit is a star. It’s also loaded with fiber, and its sweet taste mingles with mellow avocado for a real treat. Drizzling a bit of lime, honey, and cayenne gives you a tangy, salty, and sweet flavor that delivers tons of taste with very few calories.
Decrease Serving8Increase ServingAdjustOriginal recipe yields 8 servingsIngredient Checklist
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- ½ cup chili garlic sauce
- 4 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 2 medium mangos – peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 avocados – peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package spring lettuce mix
- Step 1In a saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together the brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil, then pour into a medium bowl. Stir in the garlic chili sauce and lime juice. Set the dressing aside.
- Step 2In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, mangos and avocados. Arrange the spring salad mix on serving plates, then top with a few spoonfuls of the chicken mixture. Pour dressing over the top.
Per Serving:296 calories; protein 19.1g; carbohydrates 19.8g; fat 16.4g; cholesterol 54.6mg; sodium 697.5mg. Full Nutrition