BENEFITS OF GUACAMOLE
- Avocados– This fruit is loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fat. Avocados are also high in potassium and a good source of vitamin C and E and antioxidants.
- Tomatoes- Loaded with lycopene (another antioxidant) this fruit also promotes heart health.
- Red Onion – High in vitamin C and the B vitamins. Also a good source of prebiotics which helps with digestive function.
- Cilantro– Has shown to help fight inflammation. It is also a good source of vitamin A, which is needed for eye health.
- Lime – May aid in digestion due to the stimulation of digestive secretions.
Decrease Serving4Increase ServingAdjustOriginal recipe yields 4 servingsIngredient Checklist
- 3 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (Optional)
In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
Upgrade your cutting boards using our guide to the best cutting boards on the market, then use them to prepare our favorite recipes.
Per Serving:262 calories; protein 3.7g; carbohydrates 18g; fat 22.2g; sodium 595.7mg. Full Nutrition